Wednesday

Born to shred...

Those of you who know me know that while photography is my passion, cycling is my life. And growing up on Vancouver's North Shore meant that I was infinitely fortunate enough to be in exactly the right place and time to take part in mountain biking's first golden age.

Now I don't mean to be immodest but learning to ride on the slopes of Seymour, Fromme and Cypress gave me chops that I'll gladly pit against anyone my age. That said, the stuff that the kids are doing now makes my skillz-set look pretty outdated: I can't pronounce half of the tricks that fly off the latest video and to put my increasingly brittle bones in the line of that type of fire would be both foolhardy and, well, extra foolhardy. Of course I have nothing but admiration for the new kids.

As such you can't believe how excited I was when I recently had the honour of shooting Myla.


Myla-minute (as she has been dubbed) is the newly minted daughter of BC Bike Race Champion Kelli Sherbinin,



and ex-pro freerider extrordannaire Darren Butler.


And as if this super-gene packed bundle of awesomeness needs any further advantages,  Myla's parental units are the owners of Endless Biking, a mountain biking school that is absolutely defining the industry worldwide.

Anyhoodle, I took a few shots around the house while everybody got ready,



...and, as is proper, we headed out into the woods. 



Then, in true North Shore fashion we finished up with some beer and a few shots at the new Quay development.




All in all an excellent day hanging with two of mountain biking's most influential personalities and, of course, it's soon to be reigning princess!